Had my first accident happen last night with my new hobby of crafting and using power tools (even tho this one didn’t involve any power tools)….and it didn’t even happen to me! I inadvertently hurt the hubby with some jewelry resin I have been using. It’s my first time using this stuff (I’m more used to the industrial stuff where you mix the two solutions together and then spread it on). This stuff comes in a little dropper and it already mixed! I love the already mixed part….no tedious measuring or counting down the minutes as you stir! But the eye dropper part….well it should be painted neon or something!
Yep, you guessed it….
Husband asked me to put eye drops in his eyes before we went to bed…. both bottles where on the coffee table (where my crafting supplies cover every available surface!) and I grabbed the resin!
One drop (and not the regular test drop I do before hovering over his face) and I knew what it was…..it all ended fairly well tho. Up until nearly 1am flushing out his eye with water and having him take a few showers to stand underneath the spray with eye held open. I even called the 24 hr help line that our hospital provides. She said we had done everything that we needed to do, but if it hurt or we were uncertain if he got it all out, to stop by the emergency room.
He felt that he had gotten everything out, and just wanted to go to bed (he has to be up super early at 5am to get ready for work!)
And, today, his eye is a little red….but somehow not as red as when I was going to put the drops in….guess cat allergies are worse than resin ?!?!
So, no cute craft updates of new finished projects…I had meant to finish the bottle cap wine charms I had been working on, but something else came up…..
On a more serious note, please be careful with resins and other harmful chemicals….and definitely read the bottles!